Tuesday 2 September 2014

Catrice Nude Illusion Foundation - Review

Bonjour September,

Hey everyone, where did the summer go? I feel like I wished it away a bit because I wanted the difficult few weeks of having a newborn over with. Things have certainly settled down and with the school run on the daily schedule again I am trying to establish some kind of routine. I'm hoping that if I can get a bit of routine going then I will also have time to start blogging again. I really enjoy blogging and have so much content that I want to blog about but I've just been brutal at putting some time aside. Seeing the pride and work that goes into other peoples blogs inspires me. Blogging for me is the chance to chat about the things that I love, be introduced through other blogs..to the things I love and to be part of a community. The blogging community has some real characters, whose posts and twitter comments I get a great laugh out of on a daily basis.
Being on maternity leave, it's nice to feel like there are still adults in your world, especially during those night feeds!!

Anyway, back to the beautiful world of foundation!

Lately, and by lately, I mean about a year, I can not get a foundation that matches my skin. I don't know if it's my bad judgement or if I'm colourblind but I can't get the shade right anymore. Because of this I have just been using BB creams. I knew I needed a new foundation though, as I don't feel 'dressed up' on a night out if I'm just wearing BB cream as a base.

I've heard the Catrice Nude Illusion foundation mentioned by beauty bloggers a couple of times over the last two weeks, so when I seen it in the local pharmacy, I picked it up. With a wedding last week, it was the perfect opportunity to road test it.





I literally did 'road' test it. We were running late and I had to apply my makeup in the car or risk missing the I do's.

Risky business trying a new foundation on the way to a wedding with no back up plan but in lovelygirliebits I trust! I LOVED this foundation. Wow, well done Catrice.




The foundation: 

  • Quite thick but spreads easily using either fingers or brush. I use the real techniques face brush. 2 pumps is plenty (for me)
  • Comes with pump dispense
  • Medium to full coverage 
  • Smooths out skin
  • Leaves skin luminous but not to the point where you forehead looks like it was shined. 
  • Matte finish
  • Budget friendly (Approx 8 euro-Total bargain)
  • Available in 5 shades ( I picked up 020 - Rose Vanilla)


This foundation certainly won't break the bank, so if you try it and don't like it, at least you won't have to keep repaying the loan you took out of the credit union to buy it, while it sits on your makeup shelf getting dusty! I'm thinking your gonna like it . . . 

Let me know if you've used it and what you though? I'd love to hear about other magical little beauties like this one too.... So be sure to share a find or two. 

Kel x



2 comments: