Monday 22 April 2013

Neals Yard Remedies - A review pour toi

Neal's Yard Hand Care Collection - £28.50


Anyone that knows me would be surprised to hear that I splashed £28.50 on this Neal's Yard Hand and Nail set. I normally stick to the budget brands. With so much competition in the market now, cheaper (in the monetary sense) brands have certainly been pulling their weight of late.
Despite my tight ass disposition, I ordered the set around Christmas time. Everyone should gift themselves at Christmas time anyway, right?

The set contains:

Nourishing Melissa Hand Polish 100g

Melissa Hand Cream 30ml

Nourishing Melissa Nail Balm 10ml

Nail Brush

When the set arrived I was immediately disappointed, the size of the hand cream and balm are completely disproportionate to the polish. Not wanting to judge this book by its cover, I decided it was probably the case that 'a little goes a long way'. Wishful thinking as this was not the case. You need to use a more then normal amount of the hand cream to cover both hands. The polish is black in colour, and while it may be petty to mention, it just didn’t float my boat. I kept this product in the bathroom and it just wasn’t a product I'd associate with cleanliness. The nailbrush, in my opinion, is a waste. Unless you would like to remove a layer of skin, bin it!
After a couple of weeks, I began to question the effects. I found my hands to be very dry, particularly around the cuticles. My nails were weak, broken and in general, just the pits. I stopped using the product, changed back to an old reliable and noticed a positive change.
A month passed and I thought I'd give the set a go again. I was very disappointed to have found the same results after only a couple of applications.
Other websites rave about this product, but I for one wont be unfortunately.

Let me know if you have tried these products and what you thought?

Kel x

                  


No comments:

Post a Comment