Wednesday 14 August 2013

Liebster Awards



What a delight to be nominated for the liebster award, by the lovely ladies @ ellebeelooks.blogspot.ie. I have only been blogging for a couple of months so to have someone recognize my blog and take the time out to read my posts is a really good feeling.
To echo what the girls said, The Liebster Awards is an award given to upcoming bloggers with less than 1000 followers. Liebster is a German word meaning kindness, sweetness, lovliest, etc. It’s a great way to recognize and encourage new bloggers to keep doing what they are doing. Blogging!!

My answers:

1.  What inspired you to begin blogging?
     After finishing college, I had some extra time on my hands. There are blogs that I follow and love so decided I might try dong my own and see how I get on.
2.  What's your sign and do you believe in horoscopes?
     Im a leo. I used to read horoscopes religiously but after studying Psychology, I am a bit more skeptical.
3.  Where is your all time favorite place in the world?
      I have not been yet but I already know it’s Africa. Im obsessed. !
4.  If you could be extremely good at one thing what would you pick?
     Hmmm….not sure if Id like to be good at just one thing…apart from guessing the lotto numbers or something ha ha
5.  If you could chose an actor/actress to play your life
story in a movie who would you chose and why?
Rachel McAdams, just because I want to be her in the film The Notebook.
6.  Are you a morning person?
Im not too bad but I have my ‘Do not approach’ moments. Don’t we all?
7.  Do you feel you have followed your dreams?
Life is not over yet…Im still following them. I never had huge ambitions about college or travelling or family so anything that I have done or that has happened has been a very welcome surprise in life
8.  Have you any weird obsessions?
A little bit weird about cleaning and funny smells. I have a nose that would put the police dogs out of business.
9.  What's your favorite scent and why?
I love Roberto Cavali, partly because I have the body lotion aswell, so it makes the scent last longer throughout the day.
10. You overslept, you have 15 minutes to get ready. Which is your number 1 priority, hair or makeup?
If you seen the head on me in the morning you would know that I would have to dedicate 7.5 mins to each before leaving the house.

11. When you were 5 what did you aspire to be? Have you fulfilled that aspiration?
When I was 5? Jebus I can barely remember what my thoughts were yesterday. I do remember that when I was younger I wanted to move to Africa and work with the animals….Still aspiring! lol



Random facts:
#1 I’m learning French
#2 I have a really sweet tooth
#3 I have braces, and will have them for the next 1.5 years
#4 Vanilla cupcakes are my favorite
#5 I have two dogs, a Labrador and a maltese pup
#6 Been married for 5 years
#7 Im obsessed with hair, nail and makeup tutorials
#8 I havn’t a clue about fashion, what’s hot and what’s not.
#9 I only really got into ‘makeup’ in the last 2 years.
#10 I prefer white wine to red
#11 I have a weird sense of smell, which makes me really fussy about where I eat.

The bloggers that I have decided to tag are:

Pixipots
Makeupbylaurnemarie.com
Kaylieghland.blogspot.ie
Sorandomtoday.blogspot.ie
Nailsbynumbers.com

The questions I would like you to answer are:
1. Fashion or beauty
2. What is your all time favorite brand?
3. What’s the best thing that happened for you this year?
4. Who do you spend the most time with?
5. Your favorite type of music?
6. Where have you travelled to?
7. Texting or phoning?
8. If you could pick 1 thing to do tomorrow what would it be?
9. And who would you take with you?
10. Favorite accent?
11. Favorite blog and why?



The rules of the Liebster Award.
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:

1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. list these rules in your post. (You can copy and paste them from here.)
Once you have written your post, and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
I would like to add that you can nominate someone who already has been given this award, as long as they have less than 1000 followers/subscribers. The idea behind this award is to recognize new bloggers and help promote them! The benefit is that you get from doing this is that you get some promotion, too!  


No comments:

Post a Comment