Tuesday 23 December 2014

Tried and Tested - Homemade Foot soak



In the middle of winter, dry heels is not something that I normally fuss (tis the season of tights) about but my feet have been so dry lately that I needed an intervention. I remember seeing a quick fix home-made remedy on facebook during the summer and as I had all the ingredients in the house, I decided to give it a go.

Here is what you will need:













There are no fancy methods with this. You literally throw everything together in a basin and soak your tootsies for about 20 mins.

Did it work? Yes and no..

It softened the hard skin on and around my heels all right but I think just soaking them in the warm water for that long would have done exactly the same job. There was no notable peeling or removal of dry skin. Your feet feel tingly and refreshed but that's about it I'm afraid. To really get polished heels, you would need to use more vigorous methods, like filing or using a chemical peel.

The overbearing smell of vinegar in the bedroom just isn't worth it



Have you tried this foot soak before?

Kel x


1 comment:

  1. we're going to have to try this, especially with summer here. there's nothing worse than sporting dry heels when you've got on a cute pair of sandals

    M + K

    ReplyDelete