Wednesday 12 June 2013

D For DIET


It wouldn’t be my typical Monday morning if I wasn’t jimmying the scales out from under the bed, stepping on and looking down with one eye squinted closed(somewhere in my head I think it’s easier to accept what the scales says, if I only see it through one eye!).  Big Sigh…ram scales back under the bed and saunter off leaving behind me the promise to kick start the diet again.

It’s now Wednesday, and I am 3 days into ‘this weeks’ diet. (I’m even embarrassed for myself saying that). I have to say though; it is going quite well for a change. Instead of the usual arguments in my head about the reasons why I should not deny myself chocolate, I have been more motivated and willing to say no to sweet treats.

What’s different from this month’s diet to last month’s diet?

Well according to diet enthusiasts there is absolutely no point in starting a diet unless you are in the right frame of mind. This is probably my biggest down fall. I never start a diet because I want to, or because I want to get fit and healthy, it is usually motivated by a comment from my 6 year old “Mammy, are you growing a baby in there” “Dad, when mam laughs her belly jiggles” “Mam, how come when you wave, your bum shakes too” . Oh yes people kids can be very…..Honest!

This time around, I am doing this for me (and motivated by comments). As one of my older posts pointed out I am turning 30 this summer. I don’t want to start my thirties with junk in my trunk. I gained it in my 20’s and there it shall remain.

I’ve downloaded the ‘my fitness pal’ app to my iphone and I am finding it very useful and easy to use. My fitness pal is the world’s largest nutritional database with an easy calorie counter to help record your daily diet trends. Studies show that keeping track of the food you eat and the activity you do play a major role in weight loss. Most successful weight management programs suggest that you should keep a food or activity diary. Fitness pal gives you all the tools you need to be the boss of your own fitness and diet plan….Best of all, it’s FREE!

I will keep you posted as to how I am getting on J

Let me know if you have used the app/or similar app and if you found it useful?

Kel x
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment