Monday 13 October 2014

Clinique - Take The Day Off Cleanser

Just over a week ago I was in Arnotts with my mother in law. A lovely young woman approached us from the Clinique counter and offered us a free cleanse, using their new Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush (Wow, that's a mouthful). This was a real treat for my MIL. The girl that done the cleanse offered to apply some makeup afterwards too. I thought this was very nice of her so as a way of showing my appreciation, I thought I would pick up a product or two while we were there.

I needed a new cleanser and without asking or going through the products in detail I just picked up a bottle of the 'Take the day off cleansing milk'. If I am totally honest I picked the cleanser the same way I pick a horse in the grand national. I picked based on colour alone. That's never a good idea!

I have been using the cleanser at home since and can you believe it's not living up to it's colour! lol Seriously, though, I'm just not mad about it. Yes, it cleanses the face and is fragrance free etc etc but I find that it leaves a kind of film on the skin that I just don't like. If you have ever used the Nivea in shower moisturiser you will know that oil and water kind of feeing on the skin. While this is beautiful and soft on the body, it doesn't work so well on the face. Anywhere near my eyes and this stuff burns!

The price comes in at €23 so I will be sure to use it and get my moneys worth but I can't see myself purchasing this product again. If you have a bottle and feel the same about it as I do, I have found using it in the shower to remove makeup in best.

What is your go to cleanser?

Kel x

No comments:

Post a Comment