Wednesday 22 May 2013

Au Naturale


Natural Collection Water Guard Mascara

Last week, I got caught short ….. (without my makeup bag).

I was having a slow morning and my skin was screaming at me for a makeup free day so I happily obliged and toddled of to work. I was in work about an hour when I remembered that I had a team meeting that night which I was due to give presentation at.  I’ve no shame in admitting that I nearly died at the thought of getting up in front of everyone with no ‘war paint’ to hide behind! I wanted to kick myself for not having an emergency makeup kit for just such occasions.

In the afternoon, I high tailed it over to boots to purchase the essentials. As I have been on a budget for the last year (mortgage…don’t ask!! ), I really didn’t want to spend a fortune on bits that I already had in my suitcase of makeup at home. I headed straight for the budget brands (Who am I kidding; I always head straight for the budget brands ha ha).

Foundation, Blush and Mascara that should do it, I thought. I picked up the Natural Collection Water Guard Mascara for a couple of euro. (Approx 3 euro) Thinking it’s probably pants, but as it is so cheap, I won’t mind dumping it if it is.

I used the Mascara that evening but I didn’t take much notice of whether it was good/bad as I was busy rehearsing what I was going to say in the presentation. Over the following days, I used the Mascara a couple more times…and I Love it!

I have to say for mascara that is cheap as chips, it does the job.  (ignore that, I can’t believe the price of chips these days, lol) For everyday Mascara, for work or just running out to the shops, I would definitely be reaching for this one. 

What is it good for:

- It's cheap and cheerful

- It doesn’t clump or leave you with spidery eyes

- It gives some definition to the lashes.

- It comes off easy with make-up remover

- The brush is a good width

What is it not good for:

- You may need to use a different mascara on top, if you are looking for HD lashes.

Let me know, if you have used this Mascara before. Are you impressed by this budget brand?

 

Kel x



1 comment:

  1. I always forget to visit the Natural Collection stand but they're really good value!

    ReplyDelete