Friday 3 May 2013

It's My Party and I'll Cry If I Want To...


The Big Three-O

It has taken me 3 years to come to terms with the fact that I am turning 30. As I turned 26, 27 and 28, I was devastated at the thought of getting older and reaching this milestone. Anyone that’s 39 will tell me to get over it and anyone that’s 28 can probably relate to what I am saying. Anyway, something changed, when I celebrated my 29th Birthday, I finally made peace with the idea of turning 30. I spent ages trying to figure out what it was, why, I had finally given in, and then I realised it was because I was content with where I was in life. I was happy with what I had achieved so far and was really looking forward to the plans I had made for the next couple of years.

I’ve figured out the best thing to do, to keep me on this ‘Yeah, I love my age’ buzz is to try to do as many things over the next 2-3 years as possible. I think everyone should have a life list. Over the next couple of years, I plan to:

1.      Go back and do a Masters in Development studies ( I finished college 1 week ago and I was am making plans to go back - Old age must make you lose your mind)

2.      Learn to speak French (a lot better than I do now)

3.      Travel more – I definitely want to go to the World Cup in Rio next year!

4.      Get my braces off

5.      Smile more – With my new straight teeth J

6.      Get married – Although I am already married, we never actually had a wedding and I have promised my Dad he will someday get the opportunity to walk me down the aisle. Dom Dom Da Dom

7.      Buy a home -  Home or Away

So, these are some of my plans for the next quarter. Before that though, I have got leave my 20’s with a bang. My Birthday is not until July but I plan to milk this one and start the celebrations in June! I’m very much looking forward to this summer and hopefully, it will be one to remember, for all the right reasons!

How do you feel about Birthdays?  Love ‘em or hate ‘em?

Kel x

No comments:

Post a Comment